Picture 004

Do you know how important is a “wedding trousseau” for the bride? its like salt in the food. You might be thinking i have set a very weired example in front of you but nothing came better than this to my mind. Wedding day is the most important day of a person and everybody wants to look their best that day so, we keep on shop and shop but Bridal trousseau adds the glaze to the function as well as to the bride’s face. Indians have a very different rituals as well as different dressing for the marraige purpose. Indian bride wears Lehnga choli for her special day. There are various varieties of lehngas available in the market, all are beautiful ,all are colourful and choosing in between becomes a bit tedious job but never mind we will give you some tips for how to choose the perfect bridal dress for yourself or your near ones.

First of all we will check for the availabilities and the varieties available in the market for you. There are many kind of fabrics which is used for the lehnga like net, brocade, fancy stuff and different weaves fabrics, satin and gorgettes. If we talk about the work list is endless like zardosi which is the most common on the bridal lehngas, cutdaana, sequence, antique, resham embroidery, kasab embroidery, peeta work, use of crystals and stones.

Picture 006

Main points while purchasing a “Bridal Lehnga” which should be always kept in mind are-

Fabric– should be, comfortable, relaxing and light weight as after the work done lehnga becomes very bulky and tough to handle. Try choosing the fabric Light. Latest trends should also taken into consideration and if we talk about the fabric which is in this year is Brocades and crushes.

Colour– Should be, according to the season ie light colour for the summers and dark for the winters. Colour should also suit your personality and complexion. Latest trends and colours should also take into consideration while purchasing the lehnga for the wedding.

Work– Its the most important part of the Bridal lehnga because all the grace comes from its work. Usually, people use zardosi for the regular lehnga’s but this work is out of fashion now inspite of this cutdaana, sequence, antique, resham embroidery, kasab embroidery, peeta work, use of crystals and stones these things are in fashion.

Resham embroidery on bridal lehnga’s along with coloured stones is the hot favourite these days.

Prominent shop– You should, always be sure about the shop and check its record for the timely delivery of wedding trouseau to the other customers because sometimes a small mistake or delay can spoil your special day.

Perfect match of the “Bridal lehnga” and the grooms “sherwaani” adds the grace to the wedding dress.

13 Responses to “Indian Bridal Lehnga”

• vinny says:

hello!
    The designs provided here are awsome
    m getting married in January, can u suggest something for me , like texture or type of dress which can suit me since m not very slim …

thanks

• vinny says:

hello!
    The designs provided here are awsome

thanks

• Jassi says:

Hi, can u suggesting me abt lehnga-choli n jewellry m getting married on june last week.

• shavinder says:

hello there!!!!

mindblowing designs n make it really difficult to choose from as having certain specifications. my wedding is in mid-july this year n everyun knows the kind of weather it would be like. am prefering a mermaid lehnga but would dat suit me as am 5’4″ , wheatish complexion, medium built (not very slim but with a smart built, broader at hips) so cud u please suggest me the following:-
    colour texture kind of work .
    thanks & regards

• kanchan adhikari says:

hi,i m getting married in march and i m contemplating on what kind of design and colour of lengha should i get.i m about 5 feet with dark brown hair and eyes.i m fair and medium built.please advice.thank you

• kanchan adhikari says:

hello again,i need to know what kind of material to get as well.i m thinking of raw silk as well as georgette, what would recommend?
    thank you.

• MONIKA says:

Hi,

I m getting married in Oct. I m fat, wheatish complexion and my height is around 5’1 “.
    Suggest me what kind of dress i should wear on my wedding day
    Kindly suggest the colour, material and design for that occasion.

• priya says:

Hi,
    I m getting married in june.suggest me what kind of lehnga should i wear on my wedding day.i m healthy,wid wheatish complexion n my height is 5’3″.

• nidhi says:

hi

i’m getting married in july this year. I m very slim, fair, & my height is 5’8″.
    Please suggest me which type of & which colour should i wear on my wedding day. As i don’t wanna go for typical red or maroon colours.
    I heard mix & match of colours is the latest trend.
    Also tell me about jewellery for d day.

• geetanjali says:

i m getting married in feb 2010.i hav fair complexion.suggest bridal wear.i am 5’5″.i am not so slim

• geetanjali says:

i am getting married in feb 2010,suggest bridal dress.i have fair complexion.i m not so slim

• Priyanka says:

Hi Priya,
    My wedding is in June 2010.
    Congratulations to u! As now u might be looking forward for ur 1st anniversary, m luking for ur suggestion as wot kind of stuff should I go for or not go for (June=Humid hot) 🙁

Plz suggest, m very confused.. My height is also 5’3″ 🙂

• JAPNEET says:

hi,
    ur collection was always very nice iam also graduated in fashion designing but i really want to know as im getting married after six months i belong from sikh family and i prefer to wear churidar suit with long kameez my complexion is fair, height is 5’6″ and iam slim . I want to wear pure red color with heay gold embroidery. So,i just want to know will this suits me or not?